ME500 Sound Distortion

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME500 Sound Distortion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rr rr 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of E Liz
    E Liz
    Participant

Hi All,
    My theatre recently was updated with a brand new install. We have a lot of new A&H gear I’m getting familiar with. I have a strange issue happening though and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    We’re currently running a musical and the keyboardist in the pit keeps complaining about “distortion” from her instrument in the ME500. I put distortion in quotes because it’s not noise per say. It sounds more like a patch going out of tune. Strange enharmonics that only appear in one ear of her headphones. It’s also intermittent – it seems to rear it’s ugly sound primarily in Act 2 after over an hour of playing.

Korg synth line level out ==>Roland Amp==> active DI box patched to Dante system. Patched back to her ME500 Ch 13.

Now here’s the weird thing – she is the only one hearing this. All the other pit players have a clean signal in their headphones from her keyboard.

I have swapped ME500’s thinking she turned on some global gain, but the new one is giving her the same issue.
    I’m a bit perplexed. She’s using crappy earbuds (which I have repeatedly told her to get cans), but I’ve heard the noise in my reference headphones too when testing her personal mixer.

Could this be a bad Cat5 cable? Could some kind of interference be coming from the keyboard, amp or her headphones? Could the ME connection on the wall patch bay be bad? I’m chasing a phantom and have a very ornary keyboardist to boot. Any ideas would be appreciated.

(using a dLive3500 BTW)

Profile photo of rr
    rr
    Participant

I have a similar problem,I have a similar problem, but there is a difference, at every monthly show, in every monthly show, my musicians will say that the sound is particularly good today, and after a few days, they may say why the sound is so bad today。I’ve checked every possible issue, but nothing has solved it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.