ME500 – Accessing channels

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME500 – Accessing channels

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ACFOH
    ACFOH
    Participant

Hi – we have a relatively new A&H system, utilizing (8) ME-500s.

None of our ME-500s are able to utilize all 16 of their channels. Some of them allow 11, some 12, and some 13 channels to be active.

I’ve checked with A&H about this, and they say they’ve never heard of this. We are connecting the ME system through the AR2412, via the monitor port, feeding into a PoE network switch.

Here’s the thing – if I don’t connect the Ethernet cable, and supply power through the AC adapter, all 16 channels are available. Leaving the power adapter connected, if I also connect the Ethernet cable, the full 16 channels remain active only for about 1 minute, and then become inactive/unavailable.

Does anybody have ideas on the cause/solution to this?

Thanks

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

I don’t own this system yet, but from your description, of your problem, I would suspect your cable pin-out may be wrong, or not follow the standard configuration used by Allen & Heath. You may even have a crossover cable.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t own this system yet, but from your description, of your problem, I would suspect your cable pin-out may be wrong, or not follow the standard configuration used by Allen & Heath. You may even have a crossover cable.

makes no sense since it is ethernet…

Wich switch is it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.