Me1 system And standard poe switch

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Me1 system And standard poe switch

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfr
    pfr
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m currently using an ilive t112 and idr48. And a QU-16. We are looking into the me1 system.is it possible to use a standard Cisco Poe switch 300 series instead of the mu-1. We currently tour with an 18 piece band and are using a mymix system, but it will not work with the QU-16. I was thinking of keeping the current POE switch.
    Or, can I use one mu1 and my current switch to power the 18 me-1?

Any help appreciated
    Paul

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of roundhead
    roundhead
    Participant

Thanks for posting that. I was looking for an answer to the same question.

Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

I’m using the following switch without any problem: https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/global/smb_switches_poe/gs-1008p

It is limited regarding features (unmanaged, Layer 2 only) but therefor in my opinion better for an ME-1 system (less features cause less problems).

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your report, Zueri,
    I followed your suggestion and used this router successfully since.
    Mine is sitting in a 1-RU tray with an Ethercon faceplate.
    Works great so far….
    pit

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

BV-Tech. POE-SW801. 8 port Poe switch. $80.00 on Amazon. It works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Profile photo of tomheuze
    tomheuze
    Participant

Hi take note,

I buy this switch for my me 1, and i have clicking problem when i use.

Do you have a same problem ?

Thanks

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What is your situation when you have a QU32 with Dsnake to a AR-084 and you want to add ME-1’s. With or without an ME-U. No clear path there? Can a switch solve that?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@gcumbee
    A switch wouldn’t work. You can only connect ME-1/ME-U to the AR2412, AB168, or direct into the mixer. The AR84 is limiting your options I’m afraid.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

For the info, i’am using for more than a year the zyxel ES1100-8P switch, on the front there is a switch to disable the green modus, i use it with three me-1’s without problems in the audio.

Richard

Profile photo of NBan
    NBan
    Participant

I’m using an AR84 but want to add me-1s too
    2 questions – 1)can I run cat5 from the board to a PoE switch (like https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/global/smb_switches_poe/gs-1008p) then into the AR84?
    2) if i use the PoE switch, can I also daisy chain me-1s together?

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I’ll answer your 2nd question 1st, you can daisy chain ME-1’s, but only the 1st one will self power from the POE switch port. All downstream ME’s will require a external power pack for the power source.

I’m not 100% certain on the 1st question, but I would venture to bet that you cannot have a switch in between between a board and rack, or between a base rack and expansion rack. They weren’t designed for that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.