me1 showing signal but no sound from headphone

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting me1 showing signal but no sound from headphone

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mobius Mobius 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ibtaya
    Ibtaya
    Participant

setup
    qu32
    hp PoE+ 48 channel
    dsnake 16
    ME-1

ME-1 and PoE switch are new to the setup, I didn’t think there was any dante setup required since I am going from AH to AH. Tell me what I’m doing wrong. I didn’t think I would have to assign channels to an “out” in order for the ME’s to pick them up. Nothing from the end of the dsnake will pickup input at all, only what is plugged directly into the board.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Profile photo of PaulP
    PaulP
    Participant

I realize this is an old post, but we are having the same issue. It worked fine on Sunday, but no audio last night on any of the 4 ME1s. Wireless IEMs work fine. THe audio levels appear to be bouncing up/down on the display, but nothing in the headphones.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@paulp

What was changed between Sunday and last night ??

Profile photo of PaulP
    PaulP
    Participant

Don’t have a good answer to that yet, but I was thinking along the same lines. I checked with a couple people last night and have a note out to a 3rd to see what I can find out.

volounteer
    Participant

@paulp

Almost always somebody changed something somehow somewhere.
    Does not always seem significant nor related.

If this were win10 I might think that *it* decided to do something without telling me that forked me over.
    But with AH it really should be people or else the hardware/software just failed.
    Can not rule out some truly odd software problem that just decided to strike, but windoze 10 seems to own that method of failing or rather making our stuff fail.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Paul, how are your ME1’s wired, chained direct from a rack, individual from a switch, etc…..
    We have had some issues from time to time, usually only affects 1 head at a time, but either way, we power cycle the MEU switch and it fixes the issues.

Profile photo of PaulP
    PaulP
    Participant

Our ME1s are connected individually to a MEU switch. I was helping troubleshoot by phone last night, but did have the tech cycle the power on the MEU. Will try that again tomorrow.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Profile photo of PaulP
    PaulP
    Participant

Turned out to be a simple fix. I noticed there were 5 lights on on the MEU, but there were only 4 ME1s connected. We had a different arrangement on the stage last Sunday and when equipment got put back in place someone had plugged an active cable into both the input and output jacks of one of the ME1s.

volounteer
    Participant

@paulp

Glad you found it.
    Almost always somebody changed something when these problems occur.

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

We are having the same problem! What did you do to fix it?

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

RESOLVED! We also had an active Ethercon cable plugged into both the input and outputs of one of our ME 500s. We unplugged the active cable from the output and the problem is solved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.