ME1 cat 5 driving length/distance

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME1 cat 5 driving length/distance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

A few questions if any one knows the technical answers, greatly appreciated:
    1. How far (distance) will or can an AR2412 (successfully) drive from it’s monitor-port (cat 5) out into an ME1. In another way to phrase that: Will an AR2412 drive a cat 5 or 6 50 metres into an ME1?
    2. Would an ME1 be able to drive from its ‘link out’ 50 metres back to a FOH position or to another ME1?
    3. Is the ‘line-out’ (analogue audio) on an ME1 capable of driving a balanced signal 50 metres?

Apologies for double posting
    The questions asked did not fit the other posting title.

Thank you
    looking forward to any comments.

dave NZ

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Hi Dave
    to answer your questions:
    1) – 100m is probably a practical length limit and most PA companies have access to that. cat5,6 50m no problems
    2) – again 50m is no problem, 100m a relistic upper limit.
    3) – The MONO TRS jack output on ME-1 will drive a balanced line. 50m using touring grade balanced mic cable should be fine. NB the mono out does not have the local ambient mic signal content.

hope that helps

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thankyou Leon. I thought as much! just trying to shortcut own R&D
    Its great to wake up (different time zone) and find answers to my late night ramblings :+)
    You have brought bells to me ears!
    It must be Christmas.

So this of course means I should be able to successfully run an or Multiples’ of ME1s as far away from ASR2412.
    It opens the door to some creative thinking on how to get a couple of more sends and feeds to external audio devices if required.
    Time for some practical experimentation.
    I love my QU32. Its been a long journey from the days of building frames and joining analogue mixers together!
    There just aren’t the blacksmiths on the corners any more.

Keep you posted!
    cheers
    dave NZ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.