ME-U POE Not Working

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-U POE Not Working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dbuurman dbuurman 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dbuurman
    dbuurman
    Participant

Curious if anyone has experienced the ME-U Hub not supplying POE (Power over Ethernet) to the ME-1’s.
    It’s happened now twice where the ME-U powers on, however the POE LED indicators are not on and not providing power to the ME-1’s.
    I power cycled it the first time and that corrected the problem, however the 2nd time it did not and about 5 min later it decided to start working. I’m planning on doing an RMA but curious if anyone else has experienced this. – Thanks Doug.

Profile photo of Clint
    Clint
    Participant

Yes, we have our MEU on a switched AC circuit and are experiencing the same thing. We discovered over time that it was taking multiple boot cycles before it would finally work. It went undetected for a while because I start the system a long time before the musicians arrive. A couple of weeks ago it had continued to degrade to the point where it was up to 45 minutes before it would stabilize and work. I changed it to constant power to limp us through until we had a replacement sent. It has lasted one week and then failed the same way. We are working with the distributor to try and figure out what is happening. The AC mains was tested with nothing appearing out of the ordinary.

Did you ever get resolution?

Clint

Profile photo of dbuurman
    dbuurman
    Participant

Clint,

We purchased through our AVL integrator so we were able to have ours replaced under warranty. What you are experiencing is exactly what I was as well. All our AVL circuits are conditioned so I don’t have any power spikes or fluctuations. I have not heard what the actual issue was, however I suspect that the step-down transformer in the unit was failing. How old is your MEU? If under warranty get it replaced. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer. Hope you get it worked out.

Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.