ME-U and ME-1s in a Hybrid Recording Studio?

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-U and ME-1s in a Hybrid Recording Studio?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jake Jake 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jake
    Jake
    Participant

Hey All, really trying to get some clarification on these Dante-enabled devices.

My studio wants to upgrade our headphone system. We currently have a cheap distro that gets the job done but is the obvious weak link in our recording process. Because of physical limitations between rooms (and wanting to keep isolation at a maximum) we have to keep the Cat5 infrastructure in place.

These ME systems look great! But here are some of my concerns before purchasing:

1 – We have 2x-Lynx Aurora 16s and use Pro Tools 12 HDX. In order to use the ME system, do I have to select the Dante card as the playback engine? Or can the Dante interface with the Lynx Auroras via its software app?

2 – What’s the latency like? In youtube videos I saw latency times like 1ms. This may be perfectly useful for some stuff but definitely not recording on headphones. I saw the option of 150us but it was greyed out?

3 – Any slick ways of getting talkback from the control room (I guess in live cases it would be FOH or Monitor world?) into the Dante network?

Here’s the kicker – we’re a hybrid studio. We forego a traditional console in place of rack-mounted boutique style preamps of a bunch of different flavors and use a Dangerous 2-bus for monitoring and summing. Is this system capable of working with our setup? Much obliged if you’ve read this over and given it any thought at all!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.