Me-U and Dante.

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Me-U and Dante.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Couple of questions: Any one with experience of pulling Dante network inputs from an existing Yamaha Cl series and feeding it to a ME-U hub? Are the any drawbacks or anything that is integrated in the CL series that wont allow the full use of a Dante enabled hub and ME-1’s? Do the Outputs of the ME-U hub operate on the D-snake Language? And for the big one, can one of the outs of the ME-U(normally used for ME-1 units) feed into the D-snake input of a QU mixer? The thought being as a “split” for adding a QU 32 a mixer for Recording or Live streaming in some cases. The ME-U feeding signal to QU as if it where a stage box? Hope that makes sense with out being confussing. Thoughts, Ideas, Some one please set me straight.
    Thanks for the willingness to share and educate on my crazy ideas.

Profile photo of Northernmonkry
    Northernmonkry
    Participant

we are currently looking into the same as we have stock of me1’s and meu and have just bought Yamaha ql1 and ql5 desks
    Am just waiting for the danate cards to come for the meu.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Are the any drawbacks or anything that is integrated in the CL series that wont allow the full use of a Dante enabled hub and ME-1’s?

Not to the best of my knowledge. Check the CL is set to operate at 48kHz. You want the CL to be the preferred master clock on the Dante network in Dante Controller.

Do the Outputs of the ME-U hub operate on the D-snake Language?

Generally speaking yes, although depending on the incoming stream, they can also distribute an Aviom feed.

can one of the outs of the ME-U(normally used for ME-1 units) feed into the D-snake input of a QU mixer?

No I’m afraid. Qu mixers cannot sync from external sources.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.