ME Push Config

Forums Forums ME Forums ME feature suggestions ME Push Config

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rupert
    Rupert
    Participant

Add the ability to update/push channels from the console to the ME units on stage rather than having to update each individual unit via USB. Just as you can update the IP8s in the controller window within the Dlive. I think adding a feature set like this would be very helping.

If it cannot be done on the console (DLive) then being ale to do it from the ME-U via a webpage would work as well.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

is the “auto mode” not doing exactly this?

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I’d be curious to know what he wants to change, we(I) make changes thru the ME-U web interface when needed.
    We cant/don’t use the auto mode with iLive Dual rack system setup.

Profile photo of Rupert
    Rupert
    Participant

Looking for the ability update the MEs from the console direct instead of having to do so to each unit.. For example setting up a group of drums on one unit then having to use a USB to export to the other units. Being able to configure all 16 buttons from the console, ME-U web interface or offline editor would be great.

From week to week, for various recordings, shows.. etc we require different configurations of groups within the ME units. Patching from the I\O screen is fine. The ability to configure the units from the console or web interface would speed up the workflow which is what I’m referring too.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Ok, yeah, I don’t think that will be possible anytime soon. To do that you would need to be able to identify each specific ME-1(individually addressed).
    With the ME-1 currently being a “one-way” device with no feedback communication to the console, downloading a config file to it won’t work.
    A&H would have to redesign the whole ME communication protocol(very, very unlikely to be backward compatible either), and I don’t imagine it is on their radar.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’d love to have a configuration editor (either built into the MixRack or as a separate app on a computer) that can publish a “default” configuration which MEs can be set load load, or to be able to push it to all the connected MEs.

The current situation is a huge pain whenever we need to change anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.