ME Product Suggestion

Forums Forums ME Forums ME feature suggestions ME Product Suggestion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundklaus Soundklaus 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kris
    Kris
    Participant

Hi Forums,

I think it would be really cool for a low tier option of ME is to have just a Stereo Headphone Amp that gets it’s signal and PoE from whatever source that would be. This would be very similar to Focusrite’s RedNet AM2 Dante Stereo Headphone Amp, but with A&H’s Everything I/O and use one of the mixes from the console.
    I find it easier to mix my IEMs from my phone via mix rather than the ME-500s or ME-1s, but that’s just me too.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can do that by taking a mix/aux out, sending it to battery powered head phone amp and controlling the mix with the monitor mix app like QU You or SQ4 You.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You can do that by taking a mix/aux out, sending it to battery powered head phone amp and controlling the mix with the monitor mix app like QU You or SQ4 You.

That works (and works well), but does require that the system have enough available busses to support it. The beauty of the ME system is that it doesn’t count against your buss counts. I can definitely see where a ME “headphone amp only” device would be useful for this reason.

The technical requirements of this however are unknown. As far as I know, there is not currently any way to control your ME mixes via an app and it’s very possible that the ME system doesn’t provide a way of accomplishing this (through an app). Without app support, a headphone amp only device would never work.

Profile photo of Soundklaus
    Soundklaus
    Participant

Routing specific channels to the Mono out of the ME-1.

We know that the MONO out of the ME-1 is the sum of the L-R Mix of the ME-1.

It would be nice, if you could route single channels, for example just the Kick drum mic, out of the Mono out to send it to a drum sub or drum throne. Should be better than sending the whole mix to the sub or throne.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.