ME Processing

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME Processing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Korcraft Korcraft 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I just received an Avantis and I’m setting it up. We are using ME-1s for our IEM mixers.

In the past with Avioms and other mixers I have used aux outputs to feed the Avioms. And on digital mixers aux sends typically have EQ and Compression. My question is, do ME sends have the same options?

I know that I can select the send point to be preEQ or post delay, but what if I wanted it to be preEQ but then apply EQ and compression to the send independently of what I am doing for FOH. In the past I have EQ’d a kick drum for example and it sounds great in the house but the drummer complains in the ears it is too thin. So I can grab some IEMs and listen to the kick send and make adjustments specifically for IEMs that doesn’t change my FOH sound.

Is this possible with the ME-1 system?

Thanks

Profile photo of Simon V.
    Simon V.
    Participant

Well [I’m using SQ], I’ll just go ahead and doubles up the channels [Kick and iKick for example – Kick will go to FOH and iKick will go to ME; now you can always apply different parameters]

Profile photo of Korcraft
    Korcraft
    Participant

Yes I suppose that would indeed work. Hopefully this is something they can add. Seems an awful waste of resources to do it that way. But yes that will work, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.