ME 500 does not connect to QU32

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME 500 does not connect to QU32

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johnklima johnklima 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnklima
    johnklima
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have tried 10 different cat5 cables, yes the 500 is powered up, yes the link light is blinking yellow, yes the firmware is the latest, but regardless, the QU32 says nothing is connected via dSNAKE. This is all brand new equipment, never used, and in fact I have 2 me500’s and neither speaks to the mixer, so the liklyhood of hardware defect is extremely, extremely low.

Any Ideas?

Best regards,
    John

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

STP Cat5e cables are recommended. Make sure the cables are STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) Cat5e (not just Cat 5).

According to the Qu user manual, page 47, the ME system can be connected via the DSnake but the DS icon will not appear.
    For patching (pag. 74), on the Qu go to Setup>I/O Patch>Monitor to see the patching for the ME system.
    Page 37-38 of the manual will tell you how to set up the routing of channels for ME monitoring systems.

Profile photo of johnklima
    johnklima
    Participant

Thanks for your fast reply, problem sorted, idiot user. I just couldn’t get over the dsnake screen saying it wasn’t connected. Old man making the jump from a 40 year old soundcraft 6000 analogue mixer into the 21st century.

Best,
    J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.