ME-1 Stereo Channel Monitoring

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 Stereo Channel Monitoring

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caharden7
    caharden7
    Participant

My church has recently just upgraded from the Qu-24 to the SQ-6 and we’re loving it so far. However what we’re not loving is the same problem we’ve had before with the Qu concerning monitoring stereo channels on our ME-1s connected to it. It seems that all channels that are linked in a stereo pair (i.e. 7/8,25/26,39/40, etc.) are unable to be monitored in stereo on the ME-1s unless they are soloed on the ME-1s; Otherwise, we’re only able to hear the first/left channel of each linked pair (i.e. 7 of 7/8, 25 of 25/26, etc.) and completely miss the other channel. Is this a problem that can be fixed? or are the ME-1s incapable of doing what I’m asking here?

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

How is the ME-U setup to handle the stereo channels. Automatic or manual.
    I’m not familiar with the SQ series, does/can the ME-U receive the channel information from this system, or is it a manual config situation.
    Sounds like the ME-U may be configured for all channels in a stereo config situation. The only way to know is to connect to the ME-U and look at the configuration.(with a PC/MAC using a web browser)
    You may want to experiment with turning off the “automatic iLive mode” within the ME-U(if it is on) and manually config the channel names/stereo channels.

caharden7
    Participant

We don’t have an ME-U, we have 4 ME-1s that link off of the monitor port off out AR2412 thats connected to our SQ-6’s S-link port. they are configured manually for their own independent mixes apart from the board. We don’t use any iLive software at all. Everything works fine except when it comes to monitoring stereo channels linked from the board.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

If I understand what you are saying, when you solo the stereo channel, you then get full split stereo sound in your ears, but otherwise you only get the left channel, or are they “combined/summed” to both ears.
    Sounds like an issue within the ME-1.

caharden7
    Participant

Yes exactly, we only get the left channel unless it’s soloed. Has anyone else experienced problem? and is it something that can be fixed?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

If I recall correctly, I had the same result, and had to un-link stereo channels, such as stereo keyboard into channels 13 & 14.

So, it is probably not a malfunction in your particular units.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.