ME-1 shows audio but no output to headphones

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 shows audio but no output to headphones

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AJWATS AJWATS 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rlauck
    Rlauck
    Participant

We have 8 ME-1’s that we normally run from a Me-U Hub. Our hub went down so we daisy chained them directly from our A & H idr 64. Of the 8, they all show audio, but only 2 of them – number 1 in the chain and number 4 in the chain allow us to hear the audio from the headphone jack. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Can’t think of a quick suggestion for the audio issue but you can use some off the shelf
    POE ethernet switches for the ME series.
    https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403292650641-ME-Compatibility-with-third-party-switch

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

How are your powering them? I suspect the ME-U hub was powering them before, but now that it isn’t working, what are you using? I suspect that the power supplies aren’t adequate. Have your tried swapping the 1 and 4 power supply to other units? That would be a quick test to see if my theory is correct.

Profile photo of Rlauck
    Rlauck
    Participant

Brian,

Thanks. We were powering them with the power supplies that came with the ME-1’s. We tried switching power supplies, switching cat cables. We tried everything and could only get those two to work. We updated firmware to the latest. No clue! We are up and running again because we were able to purchase a new hub, but still scratching our heads. They work perfectly fine with the Dante card and the hub, but directly from the Ace card and power supplies, we could see audio signal input on the meters, but heard nothing, either from headphone jack or mono out!

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Rlauck
    Do you have access to the ME-U web interface? Can you confirm that the “Source Clock Sync” has an orange tick next to it? If not, try going through your system, making sure that all clocking settings are correct.
    – Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Rlauck
    Rlauck
    Participant

Jeff,

Thanks. We had to return our Me-U Hub because we were unable to connect with it. We were attempting to run the Me’s from the Ace Card in port-B. Only 2 of the me’s would output audio. We ended up purchasing a new Me-U Hub and everything is operational now, but no clue why only 2 of 8 would output audio. We traded power cables, cat 6 cables – order of daisy chain. It was so bizarre.

Profile photo of glp810
    glp810
    Participant

Had the same issue.. I had to set the Audio Clock to internal

Profile photo of AJWATS
    AJWATS
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m have the same issue and have no idea. Mine is a little more odd as I have three ME units and two do not work going through the exact same Ethernet port one works completely fine.

All settings and firmware are updated and the same. Clock sync is ticked on MEU UI.

Profile photo of AJWATS
    AJWATS
    Participant

UPDATE: Master resetting fixed one of the units. The last one still doesn’t work 😭

Profile photo of AJWATS
    AJWATS
    Participant

FIXED

Had to set the desk clock to INTERNAL – it was originally set to salve card. All ME units now work correctly. What a weird issue!

FYI we were using an GLD80 and the ME-U

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.