ME-1 not coming on.

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-1 not coming on.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brad Brad 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of owensg
    owensg
    Participant

Hello everyone, i use 6 ME-1 for the my musicians. came for sound check then 4 of them didn’t come up only 2 working. i try powering them with the 2 working adapters but still not working. the 4 adapters for the faulty ME-1 powered the 2 working ME-1. i saw a green light illuminate at the DC port when i connect the adapter on the faulty ME-1s. Have anyone had this issue with ME-1? Please what else can i do. Regards.

Profile photo of Tweaker
    Tweaker
    Participant

Hi, owensg, I’m curious if you ever found out what the problem with these, ended-up being? I have two that are as the ones you speak of,,,just died and a green LED inside, I seen another post here where an OP had 3 go a once, and sent them in /Died…, and allowed the they sent 2 back, because the could not reproduce the issue. I’m still troubleshoot one, no luck yet. The main pcb cost $309.11, “that’s not going to happen” when one is not sure why this happened in the first place. Now I could see maybe one, crapping out, but 4, or 3, or 2 at the same time? Something just doesn’t add-up and is being hidden from us. Anyway, I’d sure like to hear what you found out.

Profile photo of Tweaker
    Tweaker
    Participant

Here’s a link on the 3 I was talking about. And I think I took out of context, (because the OP mentioned testing) I thought that they where sent in, but it maybe that 2 of 3 started working a week later? Makes me wonder if its FW, with no way to fix it because it’s Asleep/Dead? And also, what the green LED state means. A&H should allow schematics on these. What are some of you going to do when you own, Say 6, 10 or more (out of warranty) and they all stop working for no known reason. Just to have 10 repaired, you’re probably looking at $4,000.00, $3,000.00 plus if you do it yourself. Anyway, at basically $700.00 a pop “New”, it make you want to cry.

Help! Emergency!

I notice we need an Edit Function, after re-reading my last post. Lol!

Profile photo of Tweaker
    Tweaker
    Participant

I’ve narrowed the problem down somewhat. I’m waiting on a Newer Digital Oscilloscope before I do any feather testing. Just the TPS23753A and the HA3803-BL, I’m looking at, around $10.00 per ME-1

HA3803-BL this is the Flyback Transformer
    https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/597/ha380x-al-463459.pdf

TPS23753A is a combined Power over Ethernet (PoE) powered device (PD) interface and current-mode DC-DC controller optimized specifically for isolated converter designs.
    https://www.ti.com/product/TPS23753A

A Must Read, this corresponds with having the power adaptor integrated, as aposed to just having (PoE).
    https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva306a/slva306a.pdf

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Tweaker
    Tweaker
    Participant

For once I had an edit feature, I used it to correct my misspelling “feather testing” to “further testing” submitted, and I was blocked access, thought I was a spammer, made me do math….Lol, once I was back on, No Edit feature?

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Yea, I don’t understand it either….. I get the edit option for a fresh post, then if I edit and submit I get the spammer screen as well..
    It almost acts like there is a time limit to allow edits, then when it times out editing isn’t allowed, and yet it also seems like there is a timer that if you post again too soon, you are a spammer. I’ve had that happen when I’ve responded to multiple posts in too short of a time span.
    It also doesn’t like my VPN either…. I get the spammer screen when I try to log in.

Sorry to get off topic, returning us to the previous conversation.

Profile photo of Barrettq
    Barrettq
    Participant

Was there any final verdict on the cause of this failure? I had one fail at a customer’s facility after 2 days of use. My distributor contacted A&H to check on the possibility of a bad batch and was assured there was no known issue.

This is the first time I’ve used ME-1 in an install and I’m concerned that maybe they’re not going to be as reliable as needed.

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

can’t comment on this case, but we have had 8 ME1s working perfectly for about 2 1/2 years so far (running of a MEU hub). the only issue we have ever had came down to a bad network cable. it would be interesting to know about other failures though as a just in case…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.