ME-1 Mix Changing

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 Mix Changing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rafk06
    Rafk06
    Participant

When I recall a scene on my GLD, which I do constantly throughout a worship service the ME-1 on stage change drastically is there any way for this not too happen?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Your scenes are changing something in the signal path that the MEs are getting their signal from. You can block parameters in the scenes menu, globally and per scene, and you can change the ME1 pick-point from the “monitor” section in the I/O page.

If your MEs are getting their signals directly from the sockets then only your preamp levels, pad, and 48V selections will affect this signal. Make sure this is either blocked, or the same in every scene.

Chris

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

If you’re changing your preamp levels on purpose and want to keep doing this, you could instead make these changes at the trim, as this won’t affect the socket signal, but will affect the signal flow through the channel.

Chris

Profile photo of Rafk06
    Rafk06
    Participant

The Preamp levels were the problem I didn’t see the slight changes in some of those levels thankfully we haven’t done a service with those scenes yet thank you!

Profile photo of Jenn
    Jenn
    Participant

We are having the same issue. When we make changes at the board it is affecting the ears. We are running pre fader, post eq. Any suggestions on how to not affect the in ears?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

What “changes at the board?” Preamp changes will be heard in aux mixes, as will eq if aux mixes are receiving signals post eq. I have found Changes in effects to be disruptive, so I use a different reverb for IEM auxes, and no IEM mix gets any of the FOH effects.

The other options for avoiding all changes in IEM mixes are…
    (1) use a separate mixer for IEMs and split signals before hitting the mixers (analog or digital splitters or tie lines)
    (2) use two channels for every sound source that goes to IEMs on One mixer. One of channels only routed to FOH. (If your mixer has this flexibility, and you have enough inputs)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.