ME-1 Freezing up when attempting to save Presets via USB

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 Freezing up when attempting to save Presets via USB

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tibook tibook 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dennie
    Dennie
    Participant

Helping a client install several ME-1’s. Trying to save the presets to a USB drive so we can take this to other ME-1’s. Unit just freezes. Anyone have any experience with this? I am going to assume its a USB drive compatibility issue and try other storage units. But, would appreciate it if anyone else has had this issue to let me know I am not wasting my time.

Profile photo of NoisyBoy
    NoisyBoy
    Participant

Hi Dennie. I had the same problem. I find that “transcend jetflash 790” usb drives work just fine. There will be others that work too, but the jetflash produce replicable results. Maybe you need to format them FAT32 before use (even though they come pre-formatted).
    there’s some more information here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/usb-key-for-me-1
    Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I’ve re-purposed on older pny 8Gb thumb drive, fresh format to fat32 and no volume name. I’ve used it many times, and also had many times that I have to “remove and re-insert” to get the head to recognize it. At an extreme I’ve had to cycle power of the head for it to see the drive. In the end, it has worked for me. We use it for a config backup, occasionally we have had a head that has the config altered at power-up(via POE).

Profile photo of tibook
    tibook
    Participant

I had this same issue the other day. Lets just say I really got to know the ME-1 well after replicating 40 inputs across multiple units! I let the dLive format the drive and it still didn’t work right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.