ME-1 effects routing

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-1 effects routing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dmarin dmarin 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello,
    I own a qu16 and i need an IEM system for our band. We need at least 7-8 stereo mixes so qu-app is not an option. We are between ME-1 and movek mymix audio, with the first choice seems easier to feed directly from the dsnake output.
    Our concerns are:

– ME-1 has no eq/tone control per channel (like mymix)
    – There is no global effect (ex. Reverb) to the unit to mix with each channel as desired.
    – Mymix can feed local inputs to the network (as extra inputs)

BUT the main advantage of ME-1 is that we can feed directly it from the dsnake without additional cabling, costs etc.
    Lets get to the point. Is there a possibility to implement the above scenario?

Example: We have 5 vocal mics used simultaneously (channel 1-5) and we use FX1 as a reverb for FOH. On ME-1 if I open channel 1-5 and FX1 return I will hear all mics with reverb right? Or if I open channels 4-5 and FX1 return I will hear ONLY mics 4-5 with reverb?

Another example: Four different musicians with ME-1’s want to hear the above scenario is that possible?
    Musician1: vocal 1 with reverb, vocal 2 dry, guitar with reverb, snare with reverb
    Musician 2: vocal 1 dry, vocal 2 with reverb, guitar dry, snare dry
    Musician3: vocal 3 with reverb, vocal 1 dry, snare with reverb, toms with reverb
    Musician 4: vocal 4 with reverb, vocal 1 with reverb, vocal 2 dry, snare dry, toms dry, guitar with reverb

We are very confused about how can we have the desired fx level on every ME-1 individually. This solved very easily with mymix as there is a global effect on the PSM so no need for fx from the feeding console.

Thanks

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, you can patch all 4 FX returns to ME-1 and control their levels on each unit as requested. You can gruop them locally on ME-1 for convenience. For your setup you might need some external FX patched from aux to stereo returns.

ddff

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Thank you ddff_ly for your answer. Maybe I’ll some external FX as you mentioned before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.