ME-1 Aux assignments

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions ME-1 Aux assignments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matthew D Matthew D 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matthew D
    Matthew D
    Participant

Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to assign a separate Aux mix per ME-1 mix unit? For example, Aux 1 to the first Me-1, Aux 2 to the second, and so on. FYI, currently daisy chaining from one unit to the next.

Matthew D
    Participant

Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to assign a separate Aux mix per ME-500 mix unit? For example, Aux 1 to the first Me-500, Aux 2 to the second, and so on. FYI, currently daisy chaining from one unit to the next.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes we know that…

you can assign input channels and mixes to any input on the ME system
    if you like to…

but the ME is a seperate mixer for only one mix
    if you assign all your mixes to the inputs of the ME then you still have 16 channels for different tasks

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

All ME-1 and ME-500 units in a system share the same sources. So if you patch your Aux mixes to the ME tab, all mixes will be available to all units.
    On ME-500, you could simply leave all Aux mixes muted apart from the one you need, per unit, but you’ll be wasting a good part of the 16 keys doing so.
    On ME-1, you can choose to ignore all Aux mix sources apart form the one you need, and still use the other 15 keys for single channel direct outs if you like.
    Both were designed for the user to create their own mix, rather than take a mix from the console. If you are planning to mix monitors from the console, but want to give a degree of control to the musicians, then the SQ4You app is a better, more economical, and IEM friendly option.

Matthew D
    Participant

@nicola thank you for your response! Very professional compared to some others that I’m getting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.