me-1 and ar0804 together on dsnake?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions me-1 and ar0804 together on dsnake?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thunderbass1
    Thunderbass1
    Participant

Apologies if this has been asked before, I’ve had a good search and can’t find the answer.
    The AR0804 doesn’t seem to have a chain facility so-
    If I want to use a couple of ME-1’s AND an AR0804 with my qu16 can I…

1. Use a POE switch from the Dsnake output of the desk and connect the ME-1 and the AR0804?

2. Or can the AR0804 chain FROM the ME-1 connected directly to the QU16?

Thanks in anticipation,
    TB1

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi TB,

None of these options is supported I’m afraid. I’d suggest considering an AR2412 which comes with a dedicated Monitor port.

Profile photo of Thunderbass1
    Thunderbass1
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer Nicola, That’s a shame. I thought I’d been clever!
    I presume ‘not supported’ means won’t work at all.
    I’m caught between the cost of the 2412 and the limited functionality of the 0804. looks like analogue snake for me for a bit longer.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Hi TB,

None of these options is supported I’m afraid. I’d suggest considering an AR2412 which comes with a dedicated Monitor port.

I’m not sure I understand this statement, either. Does this mean the Qu series won’t support the ME-1? It isn’t clear to me how much stuff I’d have to buy if I wanted everyone in a 4 piece band to have their own monitor mix, whether the ME-1s hook up direct to the dsnake port, or what? Are you just saying that the GLD accessory the OP mentioned is not compatible?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The ME-1 most certainly works with the Qu, just not in the scenarios that TB1 proposed.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sometimes we need to spend just a little more money (for quality) than we budget for or plan.
    The AR2412 is wonderful and you can plug the ME-1 straight into the monitor output.
    I used the AR2412 in an extremely loud situation recently and people commented how good the sound was.
    It has certainly changed my way of thinking about digital.
    My next project I hope to be able to supply a whole heap of the ME-1 to musicians so they can dial up their own mix into floor wedges.
    The line output seems to have enough drive to feed monitors? however the problem here is there is no “extensive” EQ to pull out peaks.
    There is 3 band EQ with in the ME-1 and I have experimented with volume into floor wedges… but when you get multiple floor wedges that’s where the problem I have not tried.
    The ME-1 is not programmable within the QU? from what I have seen.
    I suspect that will happen on eventually. I hope so.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.