ME-1 – Accessing channels above #17-32

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME-1 – Accessing channels above #17-32

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Need help! I just upgraded from the ME-500 to the ME-1. I can’t figure out how to adjust or access any channel on the console (auto assigned) above channel #16 on the ME1! How do you do this? Do you have to assign those to groups? Seems awkward, and the manual doesn’t show any way to get to those upper channels.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Well, that depends on what you want to do with it.
    You have only 16 physical programmable buttons on the face of the unit. If you only program single channels to the buttons, then you will limit yourself to any 16 of the 40 available to choose from.

Our setup uses some single channel assignments for the channels used regularly, and then the rest we have split up into groups so that any of the 40 can be accessed anytime.
    We use 1 group for our PC inputs, multi-track/click inputs, CD player inputs. 1 grouping for guitar channels. 1 group with all of the drum mics. 1 last group with everything else not already assigned.

If on the odd chance we happen to use a channel that isn’t patched to the ME system, we have an AUX send that we can mix those channels into at the console that does feed into the ME system.(instead of trying to re-patch the ME system.)

Yes it can be cumbersome for the occasional user that forgets how the system works.(including the audio engineers….lol)

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Thanks Underscore! I was able to figure out the group assignments last night when I connected the system. Now that all of the drums and BGV’s are grouped, I was able to pull those other channels down into the 16 “Select” buttons.

Side question, did I read correctly that you could actually patch in the FOH mix to one of the Select buttons? That would be handy!

Underscore
    Participant

That depends on your FOH system. If you can route your mains mix output like any other channel, then yes you should be able to add that to one of your channels ME-1 channels.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’ll ask the sound engineer. I have no idea…just a guitar player in the band. But, we are running a Qu32 so possibly????

Underscore
    Participant

From what I have read about the QU-32, yes it should be possible.
    From the “I/0 PATCH” —-“MONITOR” tabs select one(or 2 if your output is stereo) of your available d-snake channels 1-40 and assign the correct mains source.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.