ME-1

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mario Mario 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Can a ME-1 be connected directly to the back of the QU-16 dsnake port and will it work? Basically, without having to use/purchase an AR2412 or AR84. Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yes it will.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello. I can add to that. I have a GSR24M with very complex Reaper templates I made and have had to suddenly replace that mixer whilst I wait for a part for that desk. So I put the QU16 in its place and configured the QU16 as a DAW for Reaper and its absolutely stunning. Then thought ok how do I get head phones working and mmmm lets try an ME-1. So in it went directly into the Dsnake port. Of course I had to read and learn the manual (dam it)
    but after one day it works amazing straight out of the QU. You will need to program the ME-1 and really think about how you want to use it (groups?). Possibly a little differently to how its designed with the GLD as that uses buses from what I suspect? I don’t have a GLD so I don’t really know. But I did get the ME-1 working great listening to different types of mixes from the QU-1 as a DAW. Page 48 of the QU PDF manual. The QU is not programmable in the same respect as larger mixers, however you can listen to other monitor or FOH mixes etc… And, as using it as a DAW the audio comes from the QU OTB (out of the box) rather from INT (in the box). Within the mixer itself.
    Hope this helps
    regards davyd

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response! An additional question, please. I have a Aviom A-16ii, personal monitor. I tried connecting it directing to the DSnake in the back of the Q-16. It didn’t work and it does not “recognize” it. Wondering if anyone out there with the A-16ii has been successful? Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

The dSNAKE port on Qu and GLD mixers is not compatible with Aviom devices. We support A-16ii mixers only on the AR2412 Monitor port (when using a GLD) or the MultiOut / MiniMultiOut cards for iLive.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Thank you, Nicola. Just to be clear, will the AR2412 support the A-16ii on a Q-16? You mentioned only the GLD. Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

No, we don’t support Aviom mixers with a Qu-16 / Qu-24 and AR2412. The GLD software has a special ‘Aviom’ mode for this.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Thank you, Nicola.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.