MCU Glitch (Reaper)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting MCU Glitch (Reaper)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Hi All

SQ5/Mojave/Reaper 5.9.4x

MCU on 16 faders working, then glitches out and Bank B starts mirroring the first 8 faders. Re-start corrects it. Have never seen this behaviour before, and have had a lot of control surfaces.

Any ideas?
    John

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Do you know if the 8 channel offset was applied to the second bank?

If it was, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look into this further.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Hey Alex, just saw your reply. Yes, the offset was applied. I am not working in Reaper for mix work most of the time, and am currently busy– if you could put the request in, it would be appreciated. If not, I will try to do it when time allows. Still fighting this console for studio use, but it is so close with a few changes. I just posted some studio related requests, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
    John

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

We’ve not had this behaviour reported to us in support before, so if you could start a ticket with us when you can I will take a look at it with my system.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

I’ve passed it on to you, you can make a choice to investigate it or not on your system. I use Reaper in mastering work only; but tried the SQ out to see how it performed. It is very much repeatable here. It will take about three minutes for you to try. You can download the reaper demo from the cockos website.

The SQ is currently completely crippled for serious studio work, so if I was to put in a ticket on this, it would be a bit silly until this is even the top of the list. I’ll wait and see how 1.4 is and then address some of the list after that, whenever that happens to be. I’ve not seen many, if any, serious studio users posting about the SQ at all, which isn’t surprising given the drawbacks currently. Hopefully that changes.

Worth noting I even tried with the Klinke extension and suffered the same fate. The (very, very weak) MCU implementation is working in Cubase 10, Samplitude Pro X4 and Logic Pro X without issue. Reaper does have a history of very poor controller integration and half baked extensions for MCU, HUI and even the really hodge podge Eucon implementation. I have not tried in HUI mode on Reaper.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

The best way for official support is through support.allen-heath.com, as the forum is generally for user to user discussions. Please feel free to PM me your email and I can open the ticket with you.

I’ve tested this with my system (MBP 2017/Reaper 5.978) and I’ve not been able to replicate the same behaviour you’ve described, so I’d really like to look into this further with you to find the cause.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.