Maximum DAW recording tracks

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Maximum DAW recording tracks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello,

I plan to record lots of tracks, using QU-16 USB streaming, into my computer DAW. In trance music, you usually use lots of tracks.
    Imagine I have already recorded 24 tracks, using multitracking.
    Can I continue to record more tracks with the QU-16 ? And will the QU-16 playback all those already recorded tracks when I hit play ?

Or am I limited to recording only a certain number of tracks while using the QU with a DAW ?

Thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Well, you can only record 18 at a time, or play back the same. Obviously you could down,I’d them in groups?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Other people on here have discussed in detail about doing this with Ableton Live and Reaper software.
    You might want to research for that post

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

This is a DAW question, not related to any QuDrive limits.
    When using a DAW for recording, you’re only limited by what your DAW allows you to do. Using the Qu16 as an audio interface you can record up to 24 tracks concurrently (32 tracks on Qu24/32).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And only play back 24 tracks at any given time (USB B) however if you had say 40 tracks in your Mac software you could sub-group the tracks down (within your software) to fit into the QU16

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I see.
    So, for instance I would use QU16 channel 1 and fader 1 to playback / control tracks (1-10) group of my DAW. Right ?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Remote controlling the DAW from the desk surface is a completely different story and depends even more on the possibilities of your DAW (how configurable it is and how it manages mapping in case you have more tracks than physical faders).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.