Max recording time on a QU16 multitrack mode

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Max recording time on a QU16 multitrack mode

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of timhum timhum 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

I am away from the mixer so can’t test this and am not sure I understand the note on the knowledge base which is copied below.

“The maximum file size on FAT32 is 4 GB. Qu-Drive audio data rate per track is 8.24 MB / minute (144 KB / second). This would allow a maximum recording time of roughly 8 hours. For 18 tracks you would need 72 GB drive capacity for the maximum recording time.”

I need to record two separate sets of at least 40 minutes each and wonder if this is possible. The maximum file size would not hold 40 minutes of data in multi-track mode but if a new file is started at the end of a 4GB file without a break I can accept the job! The HDD is an approved one of 500GB capacity.

This is not unambiguous in the above quote and need to get back to the production pronto. Any advice will be accepted most gratefully.

Cheers,

Tim

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That size is maximum per file, and you’ll be recording 18 files, each of which can theoretically be about 8 hour. I’ve done 60 – 90 minutes many times with no problems.

Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

Hey Mark,
    Thank you for getting back so swiftly. I realise now what I had not considered. There are 18 mono files, of course! I can record the whole evening including the speeches and whatnot.
    The QU16 and your advice and clarification gets me the gig. Many thanks again.
    Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.