Matrix Mixing – via faders?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Matrix Mixing – via faders?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mr.Si
    Mr.Si
    Participant

Hi all,

The only way I know to access matrix mixing for the 3 on-board matrices on the SQ series is via routing and then using the touch screen to change send levels from the various groups.

Is there a way to do this via just the faders themselves?

I guess what I’d like to do is a bit like a DCA spill, where I press a soft key (programmed to be associated with a Matrix) and it throws all the the groups (and auxes if so desired) on to faders, which then you can adjust send levels for, for that matrix. I think this would exponentially improve the matrix mixing accessibility and make it much more user friendly.

If not, it’s going on the feature requests page!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Mr.Si

The ‘CH to All Mix’ key will help with this as it will always show you where you can route the currently selected channel – if any mix master channel is selected, you will see the matrices.
    As it’s often missed, note that you can also hold the ‘CH to All Mix’ key and either the ‘Pre Fade’ or ‘Assign’ keys at the same time, in order to set send levels, assignments and pre/post fade really quickly.
    (You hardly need to go into the routing screen actually!)

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Mr.Si
    Mr.Si
    Participant

Thank you Keith,

That’s really helpful. I asked in the FB group too and it was also the answer given by someone there.

I am considering moving over to a matrix for live stream duties rather than using an Aux but most of the users are volunteers of all shapes and sizes so trying to decide which will be best.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Is this a good time to repeat my request that the ‘CH to All Mix’ is made available on a foot switch?

😉

I’d really like to keep both hands free while I adjust an instrument’s level to each monitor. I guess it could be because I’m left handed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.