Matrix mixing for camera feed

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Matrix mixing for camera feed

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jacob71792
    jacob71792
    Participant

I’m currently using a matrix to send my LR bus to a camera. I’m having a few volume problems such as my bass guitar not sounding loud in the house, but being too loud in the camera feed. My only idea to fix this is to use an Aux output to create a separate mix for the camera, but I have seen different places use a matrix to run the camera feed successfully. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

If you want the video feed to be different then yes you need to create a separate mix. Either mono or stereo aux. There is always a significant difference in a direct mix vs the live house mix where you adjust based on the instrument levels in the room from amps, acoustic drums etc. That mix rarely translates to a direct mix for video. I do a lot of live TV audio. Have for over 35yrs. We always do split mixes with separate consoles in a controlled mix room separated from the live venue.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Are you using any subgroups? Using a matrix doesn’t change the mix by itself but it does allow you to create a different mix than you’re sending to FOH.

If you had for example a drums group, bass group, guitar group, keys group (or just one “instrument” group) and vocal group you could go into your matrix mix and change the level of each of those groups sending to the matrix.

Chris

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

This is what we have been playing around with. We created a matrix send for the production guys and then set them up with ‘One Mix’ on an IPAD. They were setup to mix the groups out to their matrix. This worked fairly well as the house guy would mix inputs into the groups for balance, and while he mixed groups to house for the congregation, the production guys can remotely mix groups to their production feed.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.