Matrix ??

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Matrix ??

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joseph Joseph 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AndyC
    AndyC
    Participant

Can I send the LR to a Matrix with out using one of my 12 mixes?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Short answer: yes! 😉
    Long answer: If you look into the manual you will see that you have 12 mixbusses and 3 matix busses. you can mixdown input channels to mix busses and the main bus and send mix busses and the main bus to the matrix busses. Sometimes it is worth to look also into the manual of such a device;-)

Profile photo of AndyC
    AndyC
    Participant

I looked into the Reference Guide but it was confusing and not 100% direct to give the info I needed to answer my question. All I have is the Reference Guide from the website, The company who built our system did not give us any documentation with the Console.

Profile photo of AndyC
    AndyC
    Participant

I know you can send the Auxes/Mixes to the Matrix. Im looking to send the Main LR to Matrix #1 for the front and side fills and Matrix #2 to the Subs. I know I can not Send Direct channels to the Matrix but is there a work around to Matrix feed the subs like an Aux with out using up a Mix. I am using 12 stereo mix channels all for IEM. I’m a bit cramped on the SQ and unfortunately I’m stuck with it for a while.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

You can send LR to a matrix just the same way you send a group to the matrix.

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Also be aware, that in order to use the A/B -outputs, they need to be routed trough the matrix, so it´s not like the “alt”- outputs were on the Qu… Took a while to spot that in the manual. You can, of course, send anything you wish to A/B, I´m using them for my nearfields, obviously listening to the master-buss.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The matrix is a mixer after the mixer, it only mixes busses in any way… master bus, aux(mix) bus, sub group bus

Profile photo of Derek
    Derek
    Participant

Hey AndyC

Did you find a solution for this? I would like to be able to send L&R to a aux send but can’t seem to set up a matrix with L&R and then send to a aux. your idea would also work though.

Cheers

Profile photo of AndyC
    AndyC
    Participant

No I have not

Profile photo of Joseph
    Joseph
    Participant

I agree With AndyC, HA Reference Manuals are not very clear. It just give high level information, not in detailed use-cases.

I have one question. If I send LR mix to Matrix for side fills, now I have matrix fader to control my side fills, but if I change LR fader will it effect my sidefills? will LR fader has control over my side fills? or my matrix has individual control without effect of LR fader.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.