Map QU-Drive Inputs to other channels than 1-18

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Map QU-Drive Inputs to other channels than 1-18

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zueri Zueri 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

Hi
    Is it possible to map QU-Drive channels to other inputs than 1-18? I came across this when I recorded a soundcheck of a band which I later would like to have used for optimizations of the settings (virtual soundcheck). So I changed the recording to record channels 1-5 and 10-20 of my QU-24 which works as expected. Unfortunately there was no way to playback the recording to the original source channels because I couldn’t change the QU-Drive Inputs source mapping. This is somehow strange and limits the QU for such applications (or just together with PC recordings). Did I miss something? Or is this a strange limitation of QU? I yes, I think this should be changed as it doesn’t make much sense for me (and also seems not to be too complicated).

Regards,

Zueri

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The QuDrive outputs are fixed to 1-18
    The USB inputs are fixed as well, but they are patchable within software – hopefully

You could set a scene with the channels remapped, then use libraries to get setting back to their original channels…

Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

At least I was not wrong 😉 Yes I could use the libraries for this. But I think the source mapping should still be possible. Otherwise it makes little sense to select which channels to record if there is no way to replay them to the same channels. I will place a feature request for this.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.