Making QuPad Work

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Making QuPad Work

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GR-PDX GR-PDX 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ErikThor
    ErikThor
    Participant

In my first attempt at using my new Qu-16 mixer, I plugged in a wifi router, connected my iPad to it, and fired up QuPad. The mixer showed up on the screen, and I could move all sorts of faders and things, but nothing changed on the mixer as well. Did I miss a part of the connecting sequence? The documentation is extremely sketchy…

~erik hoffman

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just hooked mine up to test for you. Plugged CAT5 from LAN port to my wifi extender which is in that room. QUpad came right up. Works fine. Make sure you have DHCP selected in the network tab on the console. See if that works.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

It almost sounds like you were in demo mode rather than actually attached to your Qu. When you say “the mixer showed up,” what exactly do you mean?

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I hate to ask the obvious so forgive me but before running Qu-Pad, did you go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and log onto your router from your iPad?

P.S. You may get a better response if you post this in Troubleshooting instead of Qu Feature Suggestions.

Profile photo of jport
    jport
    Participant

I followed exactly word for word what it said in the manual and had instant success. You’ll know if you did because the start screen on the Qu-Pad screen will give te option to select your mixer and not just the demo mode.

Profile photo of ErikThor
    ErikThor
    Participant

Aha! I probably can’t read. I thought by pressing “connect” it would connect to the router. Now I see you have to scroll through the choices, and then it works. Thanks.

Profile photo of keefus
    keefus
    Participant

Please help. I’ve tried every configuration imaginable. I bough a refurbished Qu16 and I think the networking part on the unit doesn’t work. It shouldn’t be this hard. In all, I think I’ve spent about two weeks trying to get my Qu16 to work with my router and Qupad.
    I’m losing my mind.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Keefus,

Assuming you have followed the instructions to configure your Qu and your router…

1. In your wifi settings, make sure your iPad is connecting to the router you have attached to your Qu
    2. Only after that step, start up QuPad, and scroll away from “demo” to locate your router. Select that router and hit the “connect” button
    3. If it still doesn’t work, shut down QuPad completely (not just switching to another program, but actively shutting QuPad down) and restart it to try again.
    4. If these don’t work, you will have to be more specific here to enable us to help you trubleshoot. What router, what configurations have you tried, etc.

Profile photo of keefus
    keefus
    Participant

Okay, I’ve tried it your way, just to say I tried it. I’ve tried it with 3 different routers with DHCP on and DHCP off. I’ve tried a million configurations with the QU 16, router and Qupad. Nothing. I really believe this Qu16 has a faulty network card or whatever it uses to establish a connection. I am running out of time to send this unit back. This unit is refurbished. I bought this from unique_squared_inc on ebay. This is what they told me:

Some things to note:

**THERE ARE NO RESTOCKING FEES FOR A REPLACEMENT**

If we do not currently have stock of the item you are requesting a replacement for at the time of return receipt, we will issue a full refund.

Returns for refund will incur an 15% restocking fee and forfeiture of international or expedited shipping charges.

Product must be in factory sealed, never opened resalable condition to qualify for a full refund, as we can not resell a repacked item as brand new or newly refurbished.
    If they don’t have another unit, I am screwed. A 15% restocking fee, $225. Really? Oops, just called. They don’t have anymore. Have talked to several tech people. no help. So now unique_squared_inc is telling me to check on my warranty. What a mess!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Sounds like it may have an issue, indeed. If there is any doubt and you are up against the deadline, I’d just return it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.