Main/Mons from single SQ5 question

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Main/Mons from single SQ5 question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I was asked a question about the SQ5 from someone who works at a venue with two of those consoles.
    He wanted to know if it is possible to have separate EQ and processing on the Input channels for monitor mixes on the same console that is used to mix FOH. I’ve had limited time on the SQ5 but I think this is possible by doubling up the input patching (say, Kick on channel 1 and channel 17, Snare on channel 2 and 18, etc.) and then assigning the second set of channels (17, 18, et al.) exclusively to the Monitor mix output channels of your choice. That would, in theory, give separate processing for those channels in the monitor mixes.
    Any reason this wouldn’t work?

Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

works just fine that way

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Thanks for the confirmation, Gab.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Yes, pretty much standard. As long as you don’t run out of channels it will be fine. But even if, the question is, if all channels have to be doubled.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I usually just double those channels which needs extra EQing for monitoring. This helps me to avoid a lot of unnecessary work;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.