Main Left(Right) output not working correctly:QU-24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Main Left(Right) output not working correctly:QU-24

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Misael Misael 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

I have a problem; On our QU-24 the main left output channel is not working correctly. The left main channel is not outputting at the same level as the right main output. I have tried using the output on different speakers and and the same problem exists. This problem does not exist under alternate out or the matrix outs. The mixer is one year old and is not used very extensively. Has anyone encountered this problem, if so are there any solutions. I already tried doing a hard reset with no avail. Will reinstalling a older firmware(1.82) be a solution. And what are the chances of output going bad so suddenly and with no cause.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Is the ballence of the main L&R in the centre? That got me one evening.

Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

Its in the center, i checked that while troubleshooting. I have tried hard reset which did not fix the problem. Both output work under alternate out.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

How much is the difference?
    If it is about 3dB the you miss one pin of the XLR internally

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Presume you have tried different cables as well as speakers (just switch the cables)

Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

SteffenR: Yes, i am losing around 3-5 db on the left channel compared to the Right Channel. Bob: I have tried different XLR Cable, no luck unfortunately. Is this issue easily fixable?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Since we don’t yet know what the issue is…

Do you have access to a dSnake stagebox?

If the channel is genuinely 3dB down then it sounds like it could be a connection failure (which could be easy to fix), but it could be something else wired…

If you have isolated it to the physical output (which I think you probably have) then it’s service time.

Profile photo of Misael
    Misael
    Participant

Hi i know that this forum is about the QU-24, but i have a similar situation with a ZED 428, the level (left output) sometime is low, and only mid and high frequency. Any advice will be great.
    Ps I just bought it a month ago and a week ago started this problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.