M-Dante patching problem

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting M-Dante patching problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi!

Today I had strange issue – after years of using iD32 with M-Dante and a MacBook with DVS I could receive audio from iDR, but could not send it back. Dante controller shows red crossed circles in each crosspoint. The other direction is fine. Tried to reboot iDR, just Dante card, restored defaults, restarted Mac, etc. No results. Could it be, the card has died?

ddff

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi ddff

If Controller is showing errors on those routes, I think it’s unlikely to be a problem with the card. Did you try removing all the patching in Controller, and re-mapping?

– Jeff

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi, Jeff!

Thanks for the reply. After replacing the cables and M-Dante card and still having this issue, I had no idea. And then, just by the accident, I enabled wireless interface onto my MacBook and suddenly it worked! I was quite surprised as normally it would not work if there is more than one NIC enabled, but this time it helped. I emailed Audinate people, maybe they will explain. I tend to believe this is DVS related.

ddff

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Update: this is really something MacOS or one of its updates case that does something with routing and default gateway. If I set manual address for the Mac from the same subnet as M-Dante (usually it is 169.254.x.x) and set M-Dantes address as gateway for Mac, then it works properly without other network interfaces enabled. The problem still is there if I have more that one Dante HW on the network where I want to send audio from DVS.

ddff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.