L&R&Sub

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

I run my rig L&R&Sub, I run the sub in an aux out, Which works great, But when I pull the channel fader down the sub is still coming out of the aux, is there a way that I can do this so when I pull the fader down the sub also comes down? Thanks for any help

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Alt Out can be patched to various sources, sounds like yours is patched to LR Pre-Fade. Just change it to LR Post-Fade and everything should be fine.
    (Manual Section 8.11 “Output Patch Setup-Surface”)

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Thanks Andreas.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…or to “L+R post-fade” to get a mono mix for your sub(s).

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

it sounds like the aux that is being used to feed your subwoofers is PRE fader.
    Your input channels for the sub aux should all be set to POST, to make sure this is correct,
    make sure you are viewing the Aux mix for subs by selecting the blue “MIX” button on the right-hand side of the console,
    then on the left side of the console, push and hold the Pre Fade button, and tap each green SEL button so that the
    green light is not lit on any of the channels.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Sounded like he was using the Aux output, not a separate mix.

Easy for terminology to get confused though!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Since the Qu does not have a named “Aux” output, we only can guess if it should read “Mix” or “Alt”. If a “Mix” is used, I would suggest to better use the “Alt” (or “Mtx”) to simplify things. Setting up a parallel “Mix” is much more complicate since all levels need to be adjusted in two places.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Bah – head failure. Comes of not having the mixer near me most of the time.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

for me, it still seems to be a PREFADER mix

switch the sends (if not then switch the ALT-Out) to POST

at least we miss the information about the desk… QU-16 is different than the rest… the rest hast matrices

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.