L+R Dropout

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting L+R Dropout

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leftofcentre
    Leftofcentre
    Participant

I had an issue last night that i havent had before. Bit of a strange one this. Setup is as follows:
    Qu24, AR2412.

Halfway through the night, Channel 1 (Vocals) dropped out of Main L+R. They were still audible via PFL Headphones and in Mix 1-4 (Monitors), yet nothing out of FOH.

The channel was not muted and the Fader raised.

I have a 2nd man that helps me and on a few occasions i found him meddling/adjusting when i wasnt at the desk. Usualy he is reliable but i feel he messed with some settings or altered the routing.

I checked the patching and all were set at DSnake (In yellow) on the channel. DSnake outputs were still on 11/12 set to Main L+R.

VCA’s were not muted. I usualy group vocals to a VCA.

Is there something i have missed? Like i say, Channel 1 could be heard in PAFL, seen on the screen meters and heard in Monitor Mixes. But nothing out of Mains.

HELP! This cannot happen again!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Had it been un-assigned from L&R? That would cause the behaviour you describe.

Profile photo of Leftofcentre
    Leftofcentre
    Participant

How would one un-assign from L&R? Or more importantly, how does one reassign it?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Hit the blue L/R button so it’s the selected mix, then on the left side, press and hold the green “Assign” button. Any channel Select buttons with their LED lit are assigned to the L/R main mix. While still holding the Assign button you can assign and unassign a channel using the Select button. This is also how you assign and unassign channels to any of the mixes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.