Loud white noise from output 9/10 all others normal

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Loud white noise from output 9/10 all others normal

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eddy
    Eddy
    Participant

Dear QU-16 thinktank,

In our church we use the qu-16 for the liveband. Mix L/R goes to the main speakers and mix 9/10 is used as alternate mix to feed the live stream. For the alternate mix the outputs 9/10 are used on the mixing console itself.

This morning all of a sudden the outputs 9/10 produced loud white noise. like standing under the shower with an umbrella up. You could hear the band in the background but the main sound is unusable. The noise persisted when we set all the input faders and input gains to zero and even when we muted all channelstrips. Also when we unplugged all instruments and disconnected the stageblock. It only responds to the main fader. When you pull the main fader the noise responds like all sound, the volume of the white noise lowers and finally silences when the main fader is all the way down. And it gets louder when you push the fader up again.

Then we switched the xlr output cables from 9/10 to outputs 7/8 on the mixing console and there was no white noise or any disturbance at all, so we could use those outputs as alternate mix. Later we tried changing back to 9/10 and still white noise. Also after turning the QU 16 off and on again. A couple of times.

Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this white noise? And more important, what we can do about it?

Thanks in advance for reading, thinking about and/or helping us fix this problem.

Eddy.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Have you checked the noise generator ? It’s probably outputting to that mix.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Eddy
    Eddy
    Participant

Dear Giga,

This might just be the problem. I am not near the QU right now so I cannot check it, but I just watched a youtube film about it and it sounds exactly the same. Multiple groups use the mixer and I think somebody did something somewhere.

Thanks, I’ll let you know how it works out!

Greetings
    Eddy.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Go to the set up menu, audio tab, signal generator, check to see if it is assigned
    to mix 9/10, unassigned it if it is, turn down the level and mute it to be safe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.