Loud Pops when connecting Mic at enabled PP butt all channels are muted

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Loud Pops when connecting Mic at enabled PP butt all channels are muted

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lou Lou 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

When I worked first time with a Qu-16 channels are popping very loud when a mics are connected to a phantom powered channel even if the channel is muted, (early Release 1.0)

With a brand new Qu-16 and Rel. 1.2 this still happens.

Will this be fixed with Release 1.3 hopefully!?

br Geddy

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

Yep Fingers crossed they’ll get this sorted, I’ve noticed the same thing.

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Is there any official statement from A&H on that please?

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

I’m on V. 1.2 of the firmware, and as long as channels are muted, I don’t have this problem, and I tested it with an AKG 414. Of course the display and level signal LEDs still show this, as normal…. The Qu-16 I have is still pretty early in production run and came with V 1.01. firmware Ser# is way under #500 if that helps..

Hopefully helps!

John

Profile photo of Jimmydrummer
    Jimmydrummer
    Participant

My desk is running V1.2 and the pops still happen when you plug a phantom powered mic in.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

The Release Notes refer to this as a known issue that only affects early models. Tech support has advised me that there is a hardware fix but it will have to be sent in.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Send it in to England? At our own expense? Ugh.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Umm..yeh ugh.. to England from NZ? Would this be covered under warranty and the return cost covered by the dealer / A&H?
    I just purchased mine like 3 weeks ago…

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I have this problem with my Qu-16, and now that I also have a Qu-24 I have sent mine to the dealer. YOu don’t send it to England, you return it to the dealer where you got it. Mine came from Sweetwater, and it cost me $133 to UPS it insured to Illinois from California. Check with your dealer, and maybe you can even hand-carry it back in? Whdre did you buy it?

Mine arrived at Sweetwater yesterdaym and we’ll see how long it takes them. I wish I could find out what they have to do to fix the problem!

L

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

got the same issue … will check with german support … its pretty annoying. Happenz only with direct connections – no pops when stagebox connected.

A&H – who does the german support for this hardware issue ?

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Well, I returned mine to Sweetwater, who took two weeks to get it through their waiting line, and after a rather big dialog with the service tech, he quoted to me the V1.4 update that says it will pop if phantom is on while plugging and unplugging… The tech gave me a lecture about proper procedure, turn off phantom before plugging. Jerk, we have musicians at the other end of the cord who do not follow all the rules!

So we who bought the earliest version are stuck with this obnoxious behavour! First they lower the price on us, then they insult us by not fixing a hardware defect in the early model! I do hope they can actually fix it in V1.5 firmeare, but I hold no hope. I’ll just have to lecture the idiots who try to switch mics on me in the middle of a soundcheck or festival. I just hope Sweetwater sends it back overnight… Obviously not a happy camper here. I wish the factory geeks would read this forum!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.