Loud noise and channels peaking

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Loud noise and channels peaking

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dtandrews
    dtandrews
    Participant

I have just heard from one of our clients that the were sat in the theatre when a very loud noise started coming through all the speakers when the audio system was not being used. They turned off the amps to protect the speakers and found that every channel on the QU32 was peaking for no reason. They turned off all sources and still every channel was peaking. They powered down the desk and rebooted 6 times and still the same thing as soon as it booted up. Finally after a 7th attempt everything was back to normal.

Has anyone else come across such a problem?

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

That has happened to me but only on channels where wireless mics are connected so it might not be the same thing. It happens sometimes if the mic is switched off and the receiver is on. The meter peaks like crazy and a horrible loud noise is produced. It is a known RF issue. I always make sure to mute wireless mic channels when not in use.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Sorry – I just remembered I did have this occur once and had to re-boot a number of times like your client did. It was caused by a reverb loop – too much reverb on one channel- it affected the whole mix and I couldn’t turn it off unless I re-booted. It was only when I realized what had occurred that I turned down the reverb send and the next re-boot everything was fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.