Loud Faders on sq5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Loud Faders on sq5

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Callum Callum 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Callum
    Callum
    Participant

I Volunteer as the sound engineer for my church and when changing layer or mix it can be quite loud during the service.
    Is there any way to make the faders quieter?

Profile photo of SoundGuy
    SoundGuy
    Participant

Well Callum, aside from moving the mixer outside the sanctuary, you have a couple of options. You can use mutes (no physical noise) if you are just turning mics on a different layer on/off. If you are needing to control the channels (maybe groups, such as drums) on a 2nd layer, you can create DCA groups (or regular sub-groups) and assign those into a single layer so you won’t need to switch layers. It all depends on the reason you are switching layers which solution would best work for you.

Profile photo of SoundGuy
    SoundGuy
    Participant

You could also use the Mixpad app to control the mixer – zero noise, and portable. Just takes an iPad (get a bigger unit), a router, and the software. The faders still move, but if you select a layer that you aren’t using, no noise.

Profile photo of Callum
    Callum
    Participant

I do mostly keep to one layer but when dca spill and also Adjusting the level of mics on a different mix it’s harder to keep in that layer.
    Sq mix pad is an option but it is way faster and easier to actually use the desk. But thanks for the help Anyway.Also I am using all the matrixes to cut down on my mixes but some are totally different.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.