Lost Scene Button

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Lost Scene Button

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Monkey Wrench Australia Monkey Wrench Australia 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Hi all

I haven’t found this problem anywhere on the forum yet but maybe you have experienced this and know of a fix.

3-4 days into ownership of my beautiful SQ5, my scene button gave up completely (no light, no change of screen). Running latest version firmware, hard reset didn’t help.

Incidentally I also have a soft-key set to store the current scene which is also not working, meaning probably not a physical button issue. (Haven’t tried setting up soft-key scene recalls yet but will try asap and update here)

As I need the use of scenes for the different types of shows I do, this is obviously quite important!

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Call support.

Profile photo of jafejo
    jafejo
    Participant

i am having the same trouble any news on this?? it’s my second sq 5 for exchange im thinking to cancell and buy midas

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

storing a scene via a soft key does not work indeed

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Jafejo, dont do that! You’ll regret it. Ive used both and midas doesnt come close! Dont think they are similar, they really aren’t!

I got a replacement through the distributor easily! Havent had a single problem since!

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Gyuri, whats going on with you? My soft buttons have always been fine. Do you know you have to have a scene loaded before the soft key to save will do anything?

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

Yes I know, Yann. But my scenes never update when I use the assigned soft button. Don’t worry, in the meantime I have learned to live with that 🙂 Thanks for the tip anyway

Profile photo of Bofrost_Mann
    Bofrost_Mann
    Participant

Today I recognized some similiar issues:

1) The scene-button didn’t work once a time. I had to hit it a few times, bevor the scene screen appeard. Just like the descripted issue of Yann.

2) As I wanted to activate HPF on one channel the button didn’t work directly as well. I also had to hit it more than one time to get it activated.

3) I do net remember exactly, but I thougt there was a similiar problem with another button, maybe the comp button.

Please help!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I’m sorry to hear some of you are having an issue on your SQ.

We are aware that a key can become unresponsive on SQ due to an issue with a small batch of key mats.

Please contact your distributor who should also be aware of this issue and will be able to resolve it quickly for you.

You can find their details here: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

You can also email support@allen-heath.com for any further assistance.

Thanks! Alex

I have had the same issue appear with the FX button, very frustrating especially when the iPad app does not have functionality to edit FX.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.