Losing Control of Surface

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Losing Control of Surface

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ozdoc ozdoc 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tomlin
    Tomlin
    Participant

We have an issue where several times now we have lost control of our SQ6’s surface controls, although audio continues to be passed on still. It’s happened enough that we’ve noticed if we unplug the ethernet cable that is plugged into the Network input on the console, and connected to a dLink wireless router, that unplugging often seems to give us control back. We are running the latest firmware I believe.

Eric Tomlin
    CrossPoint Community Church

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Sounds like a DHCP clash with your router – you need to check and make sure your addressing is as per the A&H directions, I’d say your router is affecting your console settings

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tomlin,

Can you please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look into this issue further for you.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Tomlin
    Tomlin
    Participant

Yes Alex, thanks.

Profile photo of ozdoc
    ozdoc
    Participant

We’ve had the same experience on a new SQ7. We had it running out of the box for four weeks on firmware v1.2.2 with no issues. We then had our first lock up after upgrading to firmware v1.3 last week, and it did the same at rehearsal today. (I didn’t think to try unplugging the network cable to the router, but restarted the SQ7 instead.) Both times it happened when a song had finished at the vocalist went to adjust their SQ4you settings. I’d be interested in the outcome of the OP. Now that the SQ4you app has been upgraded to 1.3, I take it we can’t roll back to the SQ7 firmware v1.2.2 as the 1.2 app is not available. Fortunately it hasn’t happened during a service. I’ll look into our DHCP settings.

Beyond that, I will add that we’re loving the added sound warmth the system is giving and it’s a pleasure to work on. We’ve come from a LS9.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.