Losing 25-40 on ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Losing 25-40 on ME-1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

SQ6>AR2412>AB168>MEU.

This worked for several weeks. Then all of sudden we lost Channels 25-32 which are the drums. They are fine on the console and FOH. They are setup correctly on the I/O mapping. But on all 10 ME-1’s the group and members are there but no audio.

Any ideas?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Update: as it turns out. Only 25-32 are not returning audio. 33-40 are. Or that is we have instruments in 34-38. They work. The drums are 25-32. The group is displayed and all members are there. Just no audio. I tried rebuilding the group on 1 ME. Nothing. Same. Next considering saving console setup to thumb drive and resetting entire console. I have had problems on QUs with some channels not feeding certain mixes before. But this is the first problem like this on an SQ with MEs.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Looks as though there are no firm ideas on what’s happening here. My plan is to get back to the church when I can and downgrade to 1.2.2 and see what that does. Or save the show file out to USB and do a total reset. All cabling checks out. Can’t find any other reason why it just decided to quit working on these 8 channels.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

George, I haven’t seen this before.
    Can you open a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and attach the SQ show file and ME config file, so we can try and reproduce here?
    Does the same problem occur if you connect a ME-1 direct to the mixer?
    Also please confirm firmware version on ME-U and ME-1s.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Nicola. I already have a ticket working with Ryan. It will be Mon before I can get back to the church to get the files off loaded. I was planning to spend the day troubleshooting this. Console is on 1.30. Not sure about MEU. I planned to downgrade the console as a test. It had worked for few weeks then quit. Just those 8 channels. Everything else is OK.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Nicola

Well. Here’s the story.
    Saved out show to thumbdrive.
    Installed 1.31. No joy
    Reset all mix settings. No joy
    Checked all cat cable connections. No joy. All good
    Finally did hard reset to console. JOY. THAT WORKED

I did bring up levels on individual channels. But there was nothing prior to the hard reset.

So beware. This could happen to you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.