login missing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting login missing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

A1 ran into problem when he powered up as there was no log in icon.

He found another way to get to sign in via a backdoor approach from another screen.

I had the same problem once before. So this is twice we encountered it.
    I thought the previous user had not powered off correctly.
    But I got to the scene I needed without logging in and forgot about the problem.

Today the A1 said he could not get to the mixes so he had to sign in.
    Fortunately he found a way around the problem.

Is this a bug or did somebody really forget to sign off correctly?
    Since I signed off and then powered down Weds todays problem seems to be a bug.
    Cant definitively rule out that nobody used the board Thurs Fri or Sat though, but that would be very unusual.

volounteer
    Participant

update from Sunday Night

I have a clue as there was a funeral Friday that the A2 used the sound system with

I am guessing he did not turn the board off correctly to cause the problem this AM causing the A1 some consternation.
    He may not have turned it off the other time we had the problem when I was on the board next.

So is this symptom normal if the board is not turned off properly ?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve just been and had a quick play with a Qu-24. This board has passwords set for Admin & Standard, but no password is set for Basic – I don’t know if this makes a difference, but I didn’t really want to change that.

If the last user was Basic, the desk seems to restart without asking for a password, in Basic user mode, and appears to always show the processing screen.

If the last user was Standard or Admin, then the login screen appears when powering on.

Shutting down “properly” or just pressing the power button, appears not to make any difference to this.

There is a default scene set to load on this desk for Basic users (but not the others), which may alter this behaviour I guess.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

So is this symptom normal if the board is not turned off properly ?

I know of installations where maybe 50% of the time the mixers do not get turned off / put into shutdown mode before the system is powered down and do not have the log in problem the next time the system is used.

Mark more or less said the rest of what my answer was going to be.

He found another way to get to sign in via a backdoor approach from another screen.

There is only one log in screen.
    Where did he go?

volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

Thanks for that insight.

All our users are supposed to sign in and are at the standard middle level of permissions.
    Only the MD has the admin sign in.

Maybe the A2 found a win to sign in as basic by bypassing the logon screen.

@mikec

The way around was to go to user
    not sure but I think he then selected the far left top icon
    then pick scene
    that took you to a place that had an icon for login

volounteer
    Participant

@markpaman

PS

One possibility that I did not think was happening was that *that* A2 had a different password that went to basic

My understanding was that all of us were standard as restricting us to basic did not allow a couple of features the MD thought we might need even though that gave us more ability than he had wanted us to have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.