Logic Pro X "Disk is too slow (Record)" Error Message

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Logic Pro X "Disk is too slow (Record)" Error Message

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

When recording my band practice, I frequently get this error during recording. It took me a while to get Logic Pro and the QU-16 to play nicely (although, I still can’t get Logic to play through the QU).

Anyone else have this problem, or can point me in the right direction as to how to resolve?

Thanks,
    Eric

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Probably need to get a faster disk…

What are you recording onto?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Probably need to get a faster disk…

What are you recording onto?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Recording onto a 2011 macbook pro i7 8 gigs ram and 750gb sata hard drive. The logic file was damn near close to 4gb too (recording 10 tracks at once)

If the hard drive in the macbook isn’t fast enough, I might just get an external HD that is and import the files when I’m done recording.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Yes, I believe the recommendation in general is to use a separate designated drive for best results, re-formatting prior to a new project and recording without stop/start.

I use a 7200 rpm drive although I’ve seen statements from “reliable sources” stating that 5400 is fast enough. I prefer the headroom…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’d go for headroom – the issue is when the filesystem decides to do some checking…

An external disc – USB3 is probably easiest would be good. A SanDisk Extreme Stick should do nicely…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

A good idea is to quit all other applications during recording, not just send them to the dock

every SATA disk in the macbooks should handle at least 16 tracks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.