Logic Pro X – Daw Control QU24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Logic Pro X – Daw Control QU24

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of williampacheco
    williampacheco
    Participant

Hey, guys! I’m using QU 24 on live shows with my choir and band. This mixer is amazing!

I need to use QU 24 with Logic Pro X – daw control. All the settings are working perfectly (solo, mute, faders, etc …), but I am not able to send the sound to speakers. It’s probably a simple setup I’m not finding, so I need help.

In Logic, all channels are output from L / R (stereo out), but this sound does not reach the mixer.

Does the Logic sound go through the Main L / R of the QU24?

Sorry for the bad English.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You are not sending audio directly to an output on the desk but use audio streams of your DAW instead of the local input sockets to feed channels.
    So you should see your Qu as a multichannel audio device somewhere in the Logic environment. Just route your mixdown to a pair of unused channels on your desk, let’s say 23&24 (may also feed ST1/2/3, but then you’ll have to switch to the second fader layer).
    Now select channel 23 on the Qu and first pair it with Ch24. On the same screen press the screen button labeled “source”. On that preamp screen select Ch23&24 and press USB. Ensure the left USB button displays USB-B not QuDrive.
    Thats explained in much more detail on Page 29 in The Manual.
    …and it sounds much more complicated than it actually is.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Yes – you have to assign USB source (DAW in this case) to whichever mix out you choose to use on the QU.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.