Local monitor "Dim" function

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Local monitor "Dim" function

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of croydon_clothears
    croydon_clothears
    Participant

Would it be possible for a “dim” function (let’s say a 20dB attenuation) to be offered as an option on the Alt Output as follows?
    Let me say at the outset that this is less for Qu users in PA and more for those in recording and broadcast but as a cross-boundary user I can see a shared interest here.

1 – On depressing the talkback “Talk” key
    2 – As an extension of the choices available for Soft Keys as a standalone “Dim”.

Scenario 1 – I’m sure I’m not the only one who uses Alt Out for my mix area monitors and I’m finding that there are many occasions where a one-hit “Dim” key would be a definite advantage.
    In the case of talkback, dimming the local monitors in “PAFL follows mix”, particularly when PAFL delay is engaged but applicable globally, would immediately remove a potentially awkward howlround path.

Scenario 2 – I believe I am not alone in being a bit OCD with my personal local Alt Out mix level (after all we ultimately do it with our ears and not our meters) and I do find it a real PITA when I have to crank the local monitor level down for the inevitable and increasingly frequent mid-mix mindless conversation with the financially important but operationally impotent Producer and then having to attempt to reset that monitor level on-the-fly.
    A dedicated Alt Out Dim SoftKey function here would be truly wonderful.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

+1
    You have my vote on this!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.