Local MIDI control

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Local MIDI control

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi all,

I was trying to make a MIDI strip that can operate the SEND level of an Aux / FX channel. This seems not possible ?
    My use would be that a special effect (in an Aux send or FX send) is on the desk at all times.

Somebody an Idea ?

regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of djmanco
    djmanco
    Participant

You want a Master Aux to be always in the layer/bank? You can do it with SETUP>CONTROL>STRIP ASSIGN. Why are you trying to do with MIDI?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Yeah plevier i know what you mean – but i’ve got no idea about Midi! However i think there would be another workaround! Either you could use the custom buttons to use the knob above the faders for level-send (i do it with the FX1 and FX2 sends!) or you assign your input channel that you want to use for send level to a group and again this group to the Aux or FX! Now you can handle the the send level by using the group fader! (Do you know what i mean?)

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I do that sort of thing by just dedicating an FX unit to that purpose, turning up the channel-to-mix permanently and using the FX master as the send level control. On other desks I’d assign the FX master to a DCA to keep the level control in front of me but on a GLD I don’t have to. 🙂 This is typically how I’d set up a repeating delay for the lead vocal.

It works perfectly well until you need to send more than one channel to that FX, then it falls apart.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.