Local and DSnake Outputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Local and DSnake Outputs

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I’m curious if the Qu series allow it’s users to output the same source (i.e. FOHL) from local outputs as well as from it’s Dsnake outputs…I know you can assign different outputs to Dsnake and Local, but I’m wondering if you can utilize both.
    To clarify:
    I want to send a FOH L & R signal to my tops on stage via D-Snake. I also want to send a FOH L & R signal via the local output to another room, that is isolated from the main event and is in the opposite direction of the stage (otherwise I’d split the signal at the Dsnake box). I’ve used all my Matrix, group and aux sends already…so I can’t tap into those resources for this.

Any thoughts?

(PS – 1st post, sorry if this has been covered on the forums already)

Thanks for any input.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Alt Out … making sure you have assigned L/R as the source feeding the jacks. This will give you separate level control from the board. If you don’t need to have level adjustment, you can use 2-track or AES outs, again after assigning the Master bus as the source.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

They all work, the alt out gives you an additional volume control, but if you can’t hear the other venue anyway….

Hope there isn’t too much acoustic left in your main room, since FOH will (by design) be deficient in those sources.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.