Loading shows into GLD Editor

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Loading shows into GLD Editor

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sid Sid 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Offramper
    Offramper
    Participant

I have just loaded GLD Editor onto my laptop PC and then tried to load a show from our GLD80 via USB. When I connect to USB in the Editor, it creates a new AllenHeathGLD folder rather than offering me the one already containing shows saved from the desk. The Editor then cannot find the saved shows on the USB. I think I am following the manual and on-screen guide but it doesn’t work for me. Should it be possible to load ‘real’ shows saved from the GLD 80 into Editor and if so, where am I going wrong please?

Dave

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The shows created on the desk and then copied to the USB key drive will be in a folder named AllenHeathGLD.
    Within there look in SHOWS.. There are the shows you have created. They look like ZIP files. In my case Winzip files. When you open the Editor>Setup>Memory. Make shure the SHOW MANAGER side is clicked. NOT Library Manager.

Try that…I just went through the steps and it shows up fine on my Win 7 PC laptop…I build shows then load them on the desk…

Profile photo of Offramper
    Offramper
    Participant

Thank you GCumbee – as you confirmed that it should work, which indicated I was doing something wrong, I tried again. This time in Editor\File\USB\choose, I selected the root drive name – KINGSTON (E:). When I tried ‘choose’ before I was going down the folder list and obviously providing a lower level than Editor was expecting # E:\AllenHeathGLD\Shows. So, Editor, not seeing AllenHeathGLD at that level, created a new one! Confirm it now works as you describe, thanks once again.

Dave

Profile photo of Sid
    Sid
    Participant

I was also trying to open the shows from the GLD folder on the thumb drive. Once I went to the “root” drive directory, all the shows came up and I was able to work on them.

One additional question:
    Why do the shows,on the desk, not “pop” up on the editor when it is linked directly to the desk?

Thanks Ahead for any insight,

Sid

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Sid,

GLD Editor and the mixer are in sync only as far as the current Show is concerned. They don’t see each other’s drives. GLD Editor stores and reads Show files from a location on your local machine (usually within the Documents folder).

Profile photo of Sid
    Sid
    Participant

Nicola,

Thank You for your quick response. It’s good to have that information. I wanted to be sure I hadn’t done something wrong. There is a bit of a “learning curve” after coming from analog boards. It is a very easy step, to just plug in the USB and make a transfer.

Thanks Again,

Sid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.