Lo-fi AD/DA emulation as preamp model?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Lo-fi AD/DA emulation as preamp model?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andre S Andre S 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Hi,

I would find it very cool if SQ (and dLive, of course) would feature a pre-amp model based on old AD/DA converters (mostly DA I suppose). I mean those found on an Akai S900 or MPC for example, including the filters etc. These 12-bit monsters had a special kind of grit to them that could be useful to have at your finger tips. I’d imagine either a model of that specific hardware, or perhaps a more flexible bit-crusher kind of setup with adjustable bit depth and samplerate, and perhaps some analog filter models and settable dither noise. Anyone else interested in this?

Btw I saw the sneak peaks of firmware 1.5, very nice and encouraging to see what’s being written on this forum brought to practice. Big thank you (already) to the team!

Profile photo of evankiljoy
    evankiljoy
    Participant

That would indeed be a cool feature although I wonder how widely used it would be outside of a niche studio application.

Where did you see the SQ v1.5 firmware seak peaks?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.